Equipment | SAP PM
An equipment is known as an individual object in the system that is maintained independently. Equipment can be installed at different functional locations. You can create an individual equipment in an organization based on the object-based structure of a technical system.
The use of an equipment at a functional location are documented over the course of time. You always define Equipment master record for each technical object in the system.
Using an equipment, you can perform the following functions in the system −
- You can manage an individual data from a maintenance perspective in the SAP system.
- You can perform an individual maintenance task for each technical object in the system.
- You can use this to maintain a record of all the maintenance tasks performed for a technical object.
- In case you want to see data for an object for a longer time, you can use an equipment master record for the same.
An Equipment master record should be created in the following scenarios −
- When you manage individual data for the technical object.
- When you perform the maintenance tasks for technical objects.
- When you collect and record technical data for the objects for long time periods.
- When you monitor the cost of maintenance tasks.
- When you want to record the technical objects at functional locations.
Equipment records can be used in the following functional application areas −
- Material Management
- Sales and Distribution
- Production Planning