Oracle BI PublisherLearn skills to author and create Oracle Business Publisher (BI) reporting applications (reports) and more.
Preview Oracle BI Publisher courseView Course Curriculum Price Match Guarantee Full Lifetime Access Access on any Device Technical Support Secure Checkout   Course Completion Certificate
- 47% Started a new career BUY THIS COURSE (GBP 14999)
- 32% Got a pay increase and promotion
Students also bought -
- Oracle APEX
- 5 Hours
- USD 41
- 469 Learners
- Career Path - Oracle Consultant
- 200 Hours
- USD 139
- 6123 Learners
- Oracle DBA
- 10 Hours
- GBP 29
- 478 Learners
Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher (also called Oracle BI Publisher) is an advanced reporting solution that helps users in creating, managing and delivering documents or reports faster than traditional tools.
Oracle BI Publisher is the reporting solution to author, manage, and deliver all your reports and documents easier and faster than traditional reporting tools. Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher is used for creation of reports. Oracle has standard solution for most of business problems. This standard solution can be customized as per business needs.
You can use web browser and desktop tools to design interactive documents and reports from multiple data sources. Users can also schedule their reports to be delivered to various destinations (fax, printer, email etc.) as per their business requirements.
Oracle BI Publisher allows viewing reports over the net or scheduling and delivering thousands of reports per hour while putting little impact on transactional systems. It is a template-based publishing solution available within the Oracle Business Suite. Develop, manage and distribute highly sophisticated reports & documents for IT staff, end users and developers.
This hands-on Oracle BI Publisher training course by Uplatz is structured to provide delegates with skills to author and create Oracle Business Publisher (BI) reporting applications (reports) and covers the different options available within the BI Publisher Enterprise reporting portal.
You will learn how to create a BI Publisher Enterprise online reporting application from scratch and how to use BI Publisher to harness desktop tools such as Adobe Acrobat and MS Office. Gain the skills and experience to create and maintain their own reports via the BI Publisher architecture.
At the end of the training you will be able to:
a) Understand and apply the uses and concepts of BI Publisher
b) Understand X standards
c) Create and apply templates for PDF and RTF formats
d) Set up and configure Enterprise server of BI Publisher
e) Analyze data and schedule reports easily
f) Create reports seamlessly based on web services, files and RSS feeds
g) Create data templates for XML
Course/Topic 1 - Overview and Installation
This video comprehends the terms Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher (BI Publisher, formerly XML Publisher) which is an enterprise reporting solution that streamlines report and form generation.
Course/Topic 2 - General Navigation and Preferences
This topic will cover logging in to the BI Publisher and navigating through the Home page, using the catalog objects, managing the favorites, and viewing the user account settings. This will also cover configuring JDBC connection against the Oracle Database.
Course/Topic 3 - Configuring Data Sources
This video shows is to develop a report, the data source must be setup in BI Publisher. The data source is simply a database connection the report is looking for data to generate reports.
Course/Topic 4 - Creating a Data Model
In this video you will learn about enabled integration with Oracle Business Intelligence, then you can access the Oracle Business Intelligence Presentation catalog to select an Oracle BI analysis as a data source.
Course/Topic 5 - Creating Reports
In this tutorial you will Create Report which is a process guides you through the steps to create a basic report. After creating the basic report, use the report editor to configure the report and create additional layouts.
Course/Topic 6 - Creating a Report Job
In this video you will learn about the how to create a report jobs which can be scheduled to run at defined intervals and to be delivered to multiple destinations.
Course/Topic 7 - Inserting Gauge Chart and Pivot Table
In this tutorial you will learn about the gauge chart which is very useful to illustrate progress or goals. The illustration shows a report with gauges, and the pivot table provides views of multidimensional data in tabular form.
Course/Topic 8 - Reports using RTF Template
In this tutorial we will see the Rich Text Format (RTF) which is a specification used by common word processing applications, such as Microsoft Word. When you save a template in Template Builder, the file type should be RTF. You can build and upload your template via a direct connection with the BI Publisher Server, called Online mode, or you can build and upload your template in a disconnected mode, and is called Offline mode.
In this video tutorial you will learn about the how to design an RTF template while logged into BI Publisher. You will log in to BI Publisher through Template Builder, define an RTF template, add a table with a running total, add grouping and sorting, add a page break, add a chart, preview data in the report by using the template, upload the RTF template to BI Publisher Enterprise Server, and view the report on BI Publisher Enterprise Server.
Course/Topic 9 - Template Builder Utility
In this session you will learn about the Template Builder which is an add in to Microsoft Word that simplifies the development of RTF templates for creating Reports.
Course/Topic 10 - Administering BI Publisher
This tutorial teach you about the administering BI Publisher which is an enterprise reporting solution for authoring, managing, and delivering all your highly formatted documents, such as operational reports, electronic funds transfer documents, government PDF forms, shipping labels, checks, sales and marketing letters, and much more.
• Learn how to use BI Publisher to author, manage, and deliver interactive reports, dashboards, and all types of highly formatted documents. Through real-time projects and examples, you will be able to explore all the core fundamentals of Oracle BI Publisher, and successfully clear the Oracle BI Publisher certification exam.
• Build and distribute pixel-perfect reporting packs
• High-fidelity reporting
• Become "project-ready" for BI Publisher development
3. General Navigation and Preference
· Create a new folder
· Uploading a Resource to Catalog
· Setting My Account Preferences
· Configuring Data Sources
· Creating a Data Model
4. Creating Reports
· Creating a new report
· Creating a report using report editor
· Viewing a report in interactive view
· Creating a Report Job
· Managing Report Job
· Connecting to an Email Server
· Inserting Gauge Chart or a Pivot Table
5. Reports using RTF Template
· Building RTF Template in offline mode
· Building an RTF Template in Online Model
· Using Template builder utility - Validate Template
· Using Template builder utility - Field Browser
· Using Template builder utility - Check Accessibility
6. Administering BI Publisher
Key Objectives of Oracle BI Publisher Training
· Understand and apply the uses and concepts of BI Publisher
· Create BI Publisher templates
· Create and maintain reports using BI Publisher Enterprise
· Create and run reports interactively
· Schedule and deliver reports to recipients
· Gain knowledge on X standards
· Create and apply templates for rich text format (RTF) and portable document format (PDF) formats
· Set up and configure enterprise server of BI Publisher
· Easily analyze data and schedule reports
· Explore advanced topics in BI Publisher
· Create reports effortlessly based on files, really simple syndication (RSS) feeds and web services
· Create data templates for eXtensible Markup Language (XML)
This Oracle BI Publisher training will help the participants to master the Business Intelligence Publisher tool.
In this Oracle BI Publisher training, the participants can understand about the online reporting application and will learn to create BI publisher reports, reporting layout, publish and schedule the reports.
In the Oracle BI Publisher course training, you will get trained in each functionality to author, create, process and deliver interactive reports, dashboards and all types of documents. Oracle BI Publisher tutorial helps the participants to fulfil the role of a Business Intelligence Publisher.
Uplatz provides appropriate teaching and expertise training is provided to equip the participants with skills for implementing the learnt concepts in an enterprise.
Course Completion Certificate will be awarded by Uplatz upon the completion of the Oracle BI Publisher course.
The Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher draws an average salary of $101,728 per year depending on the knowledge and hands-on experience. The Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher job roles are in high demand and make a rewarding career.
The Oracle Business Intelligence Publishers have major demand in global-based companies and MNCs. The adoption of the data models, reporting and layouts in global companies can open up a job opportunity.
The global companies hire Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher considering the skill of creating reports, dashboards and layouts based on the requirement. The learners earn the Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher course completion certification through our training and course curriculum.
The Oracle BI Publisher course is ideally designed for analysts and developers who want to master Business Intelligence Publisher tool and to apply the same in their organizations.
The job responsibilities of Oracle BI Publisher consultants/developers are the following:
- Oracle Techno functional consultant with expertise in report development and web report
- Creating Data model using SQL query in Oracle BI Publisher
- Designing report in RTF and Excel templates
- Loading XML data into the report and mapping it field wise
- Configuration of the repot in Oracle Transport Management report Manager under BPA
- Creating new reports after column mapping using OTBI-Formula editor
After pursuing Oracle BI Publisher course, the participants can pursue a wide range of career paths.
The following are the job titles in Oracle BI Publisher field:
· BI Publisher Developer
· BI Analyst
· BI Associate
· BI Publisher
· Oracle BI Associate
The highly skilled Oracle BI publisher professionals can author and create different types of reports or layouts as well as highly formatted documents. Due to vast scope of Oracle BI Publisher tool, the BI Publisher developers and consultants get hired in leading organizations.
1. What Is Oracle BI Publisher?
It is a reporting tool for generating the reports. More than tool it is an engine that can be integrated with systems supporting the business.
2. Is Oracle BI Publisher Integrated With Oracle Apps?
Yes, it is tightly integrated with Oracle Apps for reporting needs. In 11.5.10 instances xml publisher was used, in R12 we can it Oracle BI Publisher.
3. What Is The Difference Between Xml Publisher And Oracle BI Publisher?
Name is the difference, initially it was released on the name of xml publisher( the initial patchset), later on they have added more features and called it Business Intelligence Publisher. In BI by default we have integration with Datadefinitions in R12 instance. Both these names can be used interchangeably.
4. What Are The Various Components Required For Developing A Oracle BI Publisher Report?
Data Template, Layout template and the integration with Concurrent Manager.
5. How Does The Concurrent Program Submitted By The User Knows About The Data Template Or Layout Template It Should Be Using For Generating The Output?
The concurrent program ‘shortname’ will be mapped to the ‘code’ of the Datatemplate. Layout template is attached to the datatemplate, this forms the mapping between all the three.
6. What Is A Data Template?
Data Template is an xml structure which contains the queries to be run against the database so that desired output in xml format is generated, this generated xml output is then applied on to the layout template for the final output.
7. What Is A Layout Template?
Layout template defines how the user views the output, basically it can be developed using Microsoft word document in rft (rich text format) or Adobe pdf format. The data output in xml format (from Data template) will be loaded in layout template at run time and the required final output file is generated.
8. What Are The Output Formats Supported By Layout Template?
xls, html, pdf, eText etc are supported based on the business need.
9. Do You Need To Write Multiple Layout Templates For Each Output Type Like Html/pdf?
No, only layout template will be created, Oracle BI Publisher generates desired output format when the request is run.
10. What Is The Default Output Format Of The Report?
The default output format defined during the layout template creation will be used to generate the output, the same can be modified during the request submission and it will overwrite the one defined at layout template.
11. Can You Have Multiple Layout Templates For A Single Data Template?
Yes, multiple layouts can be defined, user has a choice here to use one among them at run time during conc request submission.
12. Where Do You Register Data And Layout Templates?
Layout template will be registered under xml publisher administrator responsibility>Templates tab.
Data template will be registered under xml publisher admininstrator responsibility> Data Definitions.
13. I Want To Create A Report Output In 10 Languages, Do I Have To Create 10 Layout Templates?
No, Oracle BI Publisher provides the required translation for your templates, based on the number of languages installed in your oracle apps environment requires outputs are provided.
14. What Is The Required Installation For Using Bi Pub Report?
Oracle BI Publisher desktop tool has be installed. Using this tool you can preview or test the report before deploying the same on to the instance.
15. How Do You Move Your Layout Or Data Template Across Instances?
xdoloader is the utility that will be used.
16. What Is The Tool To Map Required Data Output And Layout Templates So That They Can Be Tested In Local Machine?
Template viewer will be used for the same.
17. Which Component Is Responsible For Generating The Output In Xml Format Before Applying It To Layout Template?
DataEngine will take DataTemplate as the input and the output will be generated in xml format which will then be applied on layout template.
18. Can Oracle BI Publisher Reports Be Used In Oaf Pages?
XDO template utility helper java classes are provided for the same.
19. Name Some Business Use Cases For BI Reports?
Bank EFT, customer documents, shipping documents, internal analysis documents or any transactional documents.
20. How Do You Pass Parameters To Your Report?
Concurrent program parameters should be passed, ensure that the parameter name/token are same as in the conc prog defn and the data template.
21. What Are The Various Sections In The Data Template?
o Parameter section
o Trigger Section
o Sql statement section
o Data Structure section
o Lexical Section
22. What Does Lexical Section Contain?
The required lexical clause of Key Flex field or Descriptive FF are created under this section.
23. What Triggers Are Supported In Data Template?
Before report and After report are supported.
24. Where Is The Trigger Code Written?
The code is written in the plsql package which is given under ‘defaultpackage’ tag of data template.
25. What Is The File Supporting The Translation For A Layout Template?
xliff is the file that supports the translation, you can modify the same as required.
26. How Do You Display The Company Logo On The Report Output?
Copy and paste the logo (.gif. or any format) on the header section of .rtf file. Ensure you resize per the company standards.
27. How To Upload Rtf Template From Backend?
Using XDO Loader, we can upload an RTF from Backend.
28. How To Map Rtf Template Via Backend?
Using FND_PROGRAM.ADD_TEMPLATE api we can map.
29. What Are The Executable And Concurrent Program Used To Develop A Report Without Rdf?
XDODTEXE is used as Executable, Java Concurrent Program is used Concurrent Program for developing a report without RDF.
30. How To Repeat The Header Of The Template On Each And Every Page Of The Output?
Use in order to repeat that specific section in each page of the output.also to reset the page number.
31. How Many Ways We Can Display Images In A Oracle BI Publisher Report?
It can be done in 5 ways:
o Direct Insertion into RTF Template
o URL Reference
o OA_MEDIA directory reference
o Image from BLOB datatype from database
o Using UI Beans
32. What Are The Xml Publisher Tables?