Overview Course - Oracle BI PublisherLearn skills to author and create Oracle Business Publisher (BI) reporting applications (reports) and more.
- 67% Started a new career BUY THIS COURSE (USD 14)
- 52% Got a pay increase and promotion
Students also bought -
- Oracle BI Publisher
- 3 Hours
- USD 20999
- 622 Learners
- Oracle APEX
- 5 Hours
- USD 41
- 469 Learners
- Oracle DBA
- 10 Hours
- GBP 29
- 478 Learners
This is an overview course on Oracle BI Publisher while the complete detailed-level Oracle BI Publisher course is available at - https://training.uplatz.com/online-it-course.php?id=oracle-bi-publisher-58. Business Intelligence Publisher from Oracle is an advanced reporting solution that helps users in creating, managing and delivering documents or reports faster than traditional tools.
It is the reporting solution to author, manage, and deliver all your reports and documents easier and faster than traditional reporting tools. Use your web browser or familiar desktop tools to create everything from pixel-perfect customer facing documents to interactive management reports against practically any data source.
Oracle BI Publisher is an enterprise reporting solution for Production Reporting. It is available as part of OBIEE suite, Standalone Enterprise Release as well integrated with most of the Oracle Enterprise Application as Oracle Fusion Application, Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS 11i, R12), People Soft, Siebel CRM , JD Edwards and many more. View reports online or schedule them and deliver tens of thousands of documents per hour with minimal impact to transactional systems.
This is an overview course on Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher by Uplatz while the full Oracle BI Publisher course will cover practical demonstration of Data Model Editor, Layout Editor, using OBIEE as a datasource and publisher (via Dashboards). You will learn how to harness and distribute data in a meaningful way, create data models by using the Data Model Editor, create BI Publisher reports based on data models, create report layouts by using the Layout Editor (online), create reports based on OBI EE data sources, publish the reports on OBIEE Dashboards, schedule reports and burst these reports.
Course/Topic - Oracle BI Publisher overview - all lectures
Overview and Installation
Reports using RTF Template - Online Mode
3. General Navigation and Preference
· Create a new folder
· Uploading a Resource to Catalog
· Setting My Account Preferences
· Configuring Data Sources
· Creating a Data Model
4. Creating Reports
· Creating a new report
· Creating a report using report editor
· Viewing a report in interactive view
· Creating a Report Job
· Managing Report Job
· Connecting to an Email Server
· Inserting Gauge Chart or a Pivot Table
5. Reports using RTF Template
· Building RTF Template in offline mode
· Building an RTF Template in Online Model
· Using Template builder utility - Validate Template
· Using Template builder utility - Field Browser
· Using Template builder utility - Check Accessibility
6. Administering BI Publisher
Key Objectives of Oracle BI Publisher Training
· Understand and apply the uses and concepts of BI Publisher
· Create BI Publisher templates
· Create and maintain reports using BI Publisher Enterprise
· Create and run reports interactively
· Schedule and deliver reports to recipients
· Gain knowledge on X standards
· Create and apply templates for rich text format (RTF) and portable document format (PDF) formats
· Set up and configure enterprise server of BI Publisher
· Easily analyze data and schedule reports
· Explore advanced topics in BI Publisher
· Create reports effortlessly based on files, really simple syndication (RSS) feeds and web services
· Create data templates for eXtensible Markup Language (XML)
This Oracle BI Publisher overview training course is designed to master the advanced reporting solution. This training will help the delegates to clear the Oracle certified BI Publisher Examination.
The Oracle BI Publisher overview course provide an introduction to BI Publisher, an online reporting application which is much faster than traditional reporting tools. The learners get to know the benefits of Oracle BI Publisher and to create BI publisher reports, reporting layout and publish the reports.
The Oracle BI Publisher gain proficiency in authoring and delivering highly formatted documents such as operational reports, transfer document, sales and marketing content and much more. The BI Publisher develops the knowledge and skills related to Oracle BI Publisher reporting solution.
Uplatz online training ensures the participants to successfully go through the Oracle BI Publisher Overview course training.
Course Completion Certificate will be awarded by Uplatz upon the completion of the Oracle BI Publisher Overview course training.
The Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher draws an average salary of $101,728 per year depending on the skill, knowledge and hands-on practice.
The Oracle Business Intelligence Publishers have major demand in global-based companies and MNCs. The Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher is responsible for creating reports, dashboards and layouts based on the requirement.
The Oracle BI Publisher overview course is ideally designed for analysts and developers who want to become Business Intelligence professionals.
After pursuing this course, the participants will be able to pursue a wide range of career paths.
The following are the job titles:
· BI Publisher Developer
· BI Analyst
· BI Associate
· BI Publisher
· BI ERP publisher
· Oracle BI Associate
The Business Intelligence publisher professionals can author and create any type of report or layout or high formatted documents.
1. What Is Oracle BI Publisher?
It is a reporting tool for generating the reports. More than tool it is an engine that can be integrated with systems supporting the business.
2. Is Oracle BI Publisher Integrated With Oracle Apps?
Yes, it is tightly integrated with Oracle Apps for reporting needs. In 11.5.10 instances xml publisher was used, in R12 we can it Oracle BI Publisher.
3. What Is The Difference Between Xml Publisher And Oracle BI Publisher?
Name is the difference, initially it was released on the name of xml publisher( the initial patchset), later on they have added more features and called it Business Intelligence Publisher. In BI by default we have integration with Datadefinitions in R12 instance. Both these names can be used interchangeably.
4. What Are The Various Components Required For Developing A Oracle BI Publisher Report?
Data Template, Layout template and the integration with Concurrent Manager.
5. How Does The Concurrent Program Submitted By The User Knows About The Data Template Or Layout Template It Should Be Using For Generating The Output?
The concurrent program ‘shortname’ will be mapped to the ‘code’ of the Datatemplate. Layout template is attached to the datatemplate, this forms the mapping between all the three.
6. What Is A Data Template?
Data Template is an xml structure which contains the queries to be run against the database so that desired output in xml format is generated, this generated xml output is then applied on to the layout template for the final output.
7. What Is A Layout Template?
Layout template defines how the user views the output, basically it can be developed using Microsoft word document in rft (rich text format) or Adobe pdf format. The data output in xml format (from Data template) will be loaded in layout template at run time and the required final output file is generated.
8. What Are The Output Formats Supported By Layout Template?
xls, html, pdf, eText etc are supported based on the business need.
9. Do You Need To Write Multiple Layout Templates For Each Output Type Like Html/pdf?
No, only layout template will be created, Oracle BI Publisher generates desired output format when the request is run.
10. What Is The Default Output Format Of The Report?
The default output format defined during the layout template creation will be used to generate the output, the same can be modified during the request submission and it will overwrite the one defined at layout template.
11. Can You Have Multiple Layout Templates For A Single Data Template?
Yes, multiple layouts can be defined, user has a choice here to use one among them at run time during conc request submission.
12. Where Do You Register Data And Layout Templates?
Layout template will be registered under xml publisher administrator responsibility>Templates tab.
Data template will be registered under xml publisher admininstrator responsibility> Data Definitions.
13. I Want To Create A Report Output In 10 Languages, Do I Have To Create 10 Layout Templates?
No, Oracle BI Publisher provides the required translation for your templates, based on the number of languages installed in your oracle apps environment requires outputs are provided.
14. What Is The Required Installation For Using Bi Pub Report?
Oracle BI Publisher desktop tool has be installed. Using this tool you can preview or test the report before deploying the same on to the instance.
15. How Do You Move Your Layout Or Data Template Across Instances?
xdoloader is the utility that will be used.
16. What Is The Tool To Map Required Data Output And Layout Templates So That They Can Be Tested In Local Machine?
Template viewer will be used for the same.
17. Which Component Is Responsible For Generating The Output In Xml Format Before Applying It To Layout Template?
DataEngine will take DataTemplate as the input and the output will be generated in xml format which will then be applied on layout template.
18. Can Oracle BI Publisher Reports Be Used In Oaf Pages?
XDO template utility helper java classes are provided for the same.
19. Name Some Business Use Cases For BI Reports?
Bank EFT, customer documents, shipping documents, internal analysis documents or any transactional documents.
20. How Do You Pass Parameters To Your Report?
Concurrent program parameters should be passed, ensure that the parameter name/token are same as in the conc prog defn and the data template.
21. What Are The Various Sections In The Data Template?
o Parameter section
o Trigger Section
o Sql statement section
o Data Structure section
o Lexical Section
22. What Does Lexical Section Contain?
The required lexical clause of Key Flex field or Descriptive FF are created under this section.
23. What Triggers Are Supported In Data Template?
Before report and After report are supported.
24. Where Is The Trigger Code Written?
The code is written in the plsql package which is given under ‘defaultpackage’ tag of data template.
25. What Is The File Supporting The Translation For A Layout Template?
xliff is the file that supports the translation, you can modify the same as required.
26. How Do You Display The Company Logo On The Report Output?
Copy and paste the logo (.gif. or any format) on the header section of .rtf file. Ensure you resize per the company standards.
27. How To Upload Rtf Template From Backend?
Using XDO Loader, we can upload an RTF from Backend.
28. How To Map Rtf Template Via Backend?
Using FND_PROGRAM.ADD_TEMPLATE api we can map.
29. What Are The Executable And Concurrent Program Used To Develop A Report Without Rdf?
XDODTEXE is used as Executable, Java Concurrent Program is used Concurrent Program for developing a report without RDF.
30. How To Repeat The Header Of The Template On Each And Every Page Of The Output?
Use in order to repeat that specific section in each page of the output.also to reset the page number.
31. How Many Ways We Can Display Images In A Oracle BI Publisher Report?
It can be done in 5 ways:
o Direct Insertion into RTF Template
o URL Reference
o OA_MEDIA directory reference
o Image from BLOB datatype from database
o Using UI Beans
32. What Are The Xml Publisher Tables?