SAP PP (Production Planning)Learn Material Requirement Planning(MRP), Bill of Materials(BOM), Capacity Planning(CP) and Supply Chain Planning(SCP), more. Become SAP PP Consultant
Preview SAP PP (Production Planning) courseView Course Curriculum Price Match Guarantee Full Lifetime Access Access on any Device Technical Support Secure Checkout   Course Completion Certificate
- 84% Started a new career
BUY THIS COURSE (
USD 17 USD 41)
- 85% Got a pay increase and promotion
Students also bought -
- SAP PM (basic to advanced)
- 18 Hours
- USD 17
- 402 Learners
- Bundle Course - SAP Logistics (PM - PP - MM - QM - WM - SD - S4HANA Logistics)
- 200 Hours
- USD 23
- 1692 Learners
- SAP MM (basic to advanced)
- 20 Hours
- USD 17
- 161 Learners
SAP Production Planning (generally referred to as SAP PP) is a core SAP module that provides a dedicated system for planning and execution of business manufacturing & production processes in an organization.
SAP PP is one of the largest functional modules in SAP. This module mainly deals with production process like capacity planning, Master production scheduling, Material requirement planning shop floor etc. The PP module of SAP takes care of Master data needed like Bill Of Materials (BOMs), Routing and Work Centers and stores it in one separate component.
SAP PP Process Flow:
After all the master data like material master, BOM, Work Center & route creation, see the flow of process occurring in production planning module.
a) Planning Independent Requirement, b) MPS / MRP Running, c) Production Planning, d) Receive Raw materials, e) Production Confirmation, f) Production order close & settled
SAP PP contains master data, configurations and transaction data for completion of plan to production process. It helps in detailed planning for achieving the production goals and helps in recording, tracking of all production & manufacturing process. SAP PP handles all business processes related to production of a company. SAP PP includes all activities like Material Requirement Planning(MRP), Bill of Materials(BOM), Capacity Planning(CP) and Supply Chain Planning(SCP).
Since factories, small manufacturing units, foundries, etc. have manufacturing plants, SAP PP module forms an important part of their infrastructure as it provides the capabilities for efficient management of production facilities and processes.
In summary, SAP PP is the process of aligning demand with manufacturing capacity to create production and procurement schedules for finished products and component materials. It tracks and makes a record of the manufacturing process flows, for e.g, the planned and actual costs. Also, PP controls and manages the goods movement from conversion of raw material to semi-finished goods. It is fully integrated with the other SAP modules mainly MM, WM, SD, PM, FICO.
The important sub-modules of SAP PP include: a) Sales & Operational Planning, b) Long Term Planning, c) Demand Management, d) Material Requirement Planning, e) Capacity Requirement Planning, f) Shop Floor Control, g) Information System
Uplatz provides this comprehensive SAP PP training in the form of self-paced videos. The SAP PP course will help you to:
1) Understand Business from Production & Planning department perspective,
2) Map customer business processes in SAP,
3) Integrate PP module with other functional areas like Materials, Finance, Costing etc.,
4) Design/enhance operational and analytical reports for customer,
5) Train users for using SAP system
Course/Topic - SAP PP - all lectures
In this first video lecture, you will get an overview on what exactly is ERP, the goals and objectives of ERP, SAP and its history, different technical and functional modules of SAP, use of SAP PP module in enterprises and what is its purpose and necessity.
In this video, you will learn about Bill of Material (BOM) in SAP PP module, what is a single-level and multi-level BOM and how users can create these in the system. It will be further proceeded with the Consumption Based Planning (CBP) and its different features like Reorder Point Planning, Forecast Based Planning and Time Based Planning.
In this lecture, you will learn the steps to perform the Automatic ROP like creating a Material Master, maintaining the stock for the material by creating PO and GR, monitoring the stock overview, creating, releasing and confirming PO, technical completion of PO and viewing actual or target cost comparison.
In this video, you will understand how to calculate the Production Order and the work in process for individual and multiple orders. You will also learn the Variance Calculation for PO which is KKS2 and the Actual Settlement for Production Order along with how to close a Production Order. Lastly, it will be concluded with the Plant independent requirements and how we can manually create this in the planning table.
In this lecture, you will learn what is Sales and Operation Planning (SOP) and what is its need in the SAP Production Planning module. Also, you will get a pictorial representation of the complete SOP Process Flow from creating Sales Plan to Transfer of Planning Values to Demand Management with a live demonstration on working with the different work flow process for Sales and Operation Planning.
In this video, you will get to learn what is a Repetitive Manufacturing Process and what is the need of it in SAP PP module. Also, you will get to understand what is Repetitive Manufacturing Profile, what are the steps involved in creating repetitive Manufacturing Profile, what is Backflushing and Product Cost Collector.
In this final lecture, you will understand what is an Availability Check and TOR in SAP Production Planning. You will also understand the configuration settings for these two and what are the steps involved in performing the Availability Check. Further, it will be proceeded with an overview on CO11, CO15 and Milestone Confirmation.
• SAP Production Planning overview
• SAP PP Master Data definition and associated functionality
• SAP PP Demand Management definition and functionality
• SAP PP MRP run
• SAP PP Planning Evaluation
1. SAP Overview
- My SAP Business Suite
- PP Overview
2. Master Data
- Organizational Overview
- Material Master
- Bills of Material
- Work center
3. Sales and Operations Planning
- Sales Operations Planning
- Standard SOP
- Flexible Planning
4. Demand Management
- Overview of Demand
- Make to Stock versus Make to Order
- Make to Stock Planning Strategies
- Make to Order Planning Strategies
- Settings and Customizing
5. Material Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Concept of Material
6. Requirements Planning
- Technical process of the MRP run
- Prerequisites for Running MRP
- Methods for Executing planning run
- Factors influencing the MRP run
- Stock requirements list and MRP list
- Analyzing MRP results
7. Production Orders Execution
- Production Order Creation
- Availability Check
- Production Order Release
- Capacity Planning
- Production Order Printing
- Goods Issue of components
- Goods Receipt
- Product Costing & Settlement
8. Repetitive Manufacturing
- Master Data
- Planning (line loading)
- Material Staging
- Backflush and Receipts
This SAP PP training course is designed to help you clear the SAP Certified Application Associate - Production Planning and Manufacturing with SAP ERP 6.0 EHP7 exam.
In SAP PP module the participants learn about the Production planning processes within SAP PP. In the SAP PP course, the participants will learn about PP module which is designed for combining varied departments involved in production and manufacturing. This seems to be an essential learning for all SAP PP module users.
SAP PP Certification is an important benchmark in becoming an SAP PP Associate as the exam topic covers material and capacity requirement planning, Production order basics and advanced, and process orders. SAP PP tutorial helps the participants to learn about PP which makes a record of the manufacturing process flow cycle and thus attaining a unique SAP certification. SAP PP course offers complete information about the SAP Production Planning processes thus making the participant a skilled SAP PP Consultant.
Uplatz online training on SAP PP helps the participants to successfully go through the SAP PP module in detail. Uplatz provides appropriate teaching and expertise training to equip the participants for implementing the learnt concepts on SAP PP in an organization. Course Completion Certificate will be awarded by Uplatz upon the completion of the SAP PP course training.
The SAP PP certification exam verifies that the participants possess basic knowledge and can prove their skills in the area of SAP Production planning and manufacturing. This SAP PP certification exam validates that the participant has an overall understanding about this consultant profile, and able to implement the knowledge practically in projects.
Below given are the certification details of SAP Certified Application Associate- Production Planning and Manufacturing with SAP ERP 6.0 EhP7
· Certification Level: Associate
· Exam Name: SAP Certified Application Associate- Production Planning and Manufacturing with SAP ERP 6.0 EhP7
· Exam Code: C_TSCM42_67
· Exam Mode: Online
· Total Number of Questions: 80
· Pass Score: 63%
· Time Duration: 180 Minutes
· Exam fee: $550
SAP PP Consultants draw an average salary of $98,112 per year depending on the knowledge and hands-on experience. The SAP PP Consultant job roles are in high demand and make a rewarding career.
The SAP PP Consultants are recognized across the globe. The increased usage of the Production and planning concepts in many companies help the participants to find a job opportunity easily. The leading companies hire SAP PP Consultant considering the efficiency in production, planning and procurement. The Learners earn most beneficial SAP PP certification through our expert training and course curriculum. Being SAP PP certified is definitely valuable credential and adds value to every organization.
The SAP PP certification is targeted to those who are beginners, consultants, managers, SAP ERP background and excel in production area.
The following are the job titles in SAP PP area:
· SAP PP Associate
· SAP PP Consultant
· SAP PP Developer
· SAP PP Functional Consultant
· SAP Consultant
The SAP PP certification program helps the participants to get placed in reputed MNCs and organizations.
Here are popular interview questions and answers on SAP PP (Production Planning) module.
1. What is SAP PP (Production Planning) module?
SAP PP is a module in SAP ERP that helps organizations plan, control, and optimize production processes.
2. What are the main components of SAP PP?
The main components of SAP PP are Master Data, Bill of Materials (BOM), Work Centers, Routing, Production Orders, and Capacity Planning.
3. What is a BOM in SAP PP?
A BOM (Bill of Materials) is a list of components and raw materials required to produce a finished product.
4. What is Routing in SAP PP?
Routing defines the sequence of operations and work centers required to manufacture a product.
5. What is Capacity Planning in SAP PP?
Capacity Planning ensures that there are enough resources (machines, labor, etc.) available to meet production demands.
6. What is a Work Center in SAP PP?
A Work Center is a place where specific operations or activities are performed during the production process.
7. What is a Production Order in SAP PP?
A Production Order is a document that contains information about the production quantity and schedule.
8. How is the production version determined in SAP PP?
The production version is determined based on the combination of BOM, Routing, and other parameters like validity dates.
9. What are Planned Orders in SAP PP?
Planned Orders are the result of the planning run and represent future demands for production.
10. What is the use of the Material Requirement Planning (MRP) in SAP PP?
MRP in SAP PP is used to calculate the quantities and timing of materials required for production.
11. How does Backflushing work in SAP PP?
Backflushing is an automatic goods movement in SAP PP that reduces material quantities after production is completed.
12. What are the different types of BOM in SAP PP?
The different types of BOM in SAP PP are Material BOM, Equipment BOM, and Document BOM.
13. What is the purpose of the "Mass Change" function in SAP PP?
The "Mass Change" function allows you to make changes to multiple master data records simultaneously.
14. Explain the difference between Discrete and Process Manufacturing in SAP PP.
Discrete manufacturing is used for producing individual products, while process manufacturing is used for continuous production, such as chemicals or food processing.
15. What is the purpose of Capacity Category in SAP PP?
Capacity Category is used to group work centers with similar capacities for capacity leveling.
16. How do you handle co-products and by-products in SAP PP?
Co-products and by-products can be handled using the "Alternative BOM" functionality in SAP PP.
17. What is the purpose of a Rate Routing in SAP PP?
Rate Routing is used to calculate the time required to produce a specific quantity of a material.
18. How do you handle scrap and rework in SAP PP?
Scrap and rework can be managed by defining special operations in the Routing or using the "Yields" functionality.
19. What is the use of the "Order Type" in SAP PP?
Order Type is used to differentiate between different types of production orders, such as standard, special, or external processing.
20. Explain the concept of "Lead Time Scheduling" in SAP PP.
Lead Time Scheduling calculates the start and finish dates of operations based on defined lead times and production constraints.
21. What is a "Planned Independent Requirement" (PIR) in SAP PP?
PIR is a forecast of future demands for a product based on historical data or sales projections.
22. How can you control the production order release in SAP PP?
Production order release can be controlled through the order type settings and authorization profiles.
23. What is "Backward Scheduling" in SAP PP?
Backward Scheduling starts from the planned end date and calculates backward to determine the start date based on the required lead time.
24. What is the significance of the "Lot Size" in SAP PP?
Lot Size determines the quantity in which a material should be procured or produced.
25. What is the purpose of "MRP Controllers" in SAP PP?
MRP Controllers are responsible for managing and executing Material Requirement Planning for specific materials.
26. How do you handle long lead-time materials in SAP PP?
Long lead-time materials can be managed by using safety stock, reorder point planning, or manual planning.
27. What are the different ways to create a Production Order in SAP PP?
Production Orders can be created manually, automatically through Material Requirement Planning, or via backflushing.
28. How do you perform capacity leveling in SAP PP?
Capacity leveling in SAP PP can be done using the planning table or the capacity leveling tool.
29. What is "Transfer of Stock" in SAP PP?
Transfer of Stock is used to move materials from one storage location to another within the same plant.
30. How do you handle repetitive manufacturing in SAP PP?
Repetitive manufacturing is managed using production versions and backflushing.
31. What is a "Planned Order Conversion" in SAP PP?
Planned Order Conversion is the process of converting a planned order to a production order or a purchase requisition.
32. How can you integrate SAP PP with other modules like SAP MM and SAP SD?
SAP PP can be integrated with SAP MM for procurement of materials and SAP SD for sales and delivery processes.
33. What are the key reports in SAP PP?
Some key reports in SAP PP include Production Order Status, Capacity Utilization, Material Availability, and MRP List.
34. How do you handle product variants in SAP PP?
Product variants can be managed using Variant Configuration in SAP PP.
35. What is "Concurrent Capacity Planning" in SAP PP?
Concurrent Capacity Planning allows multiple orders to be planned simultaneously to optimize resource utilization.
36. How do you handle resource overloads in SAP PP?
Resource overloads can be managed through capacity leveling or by outsourcing production to other work centers.
37. What is the purpose of "Material Staging" in SAP PP?
Material Staging ensures that the required components are available at the production line before the start of production.
38. How can you perform the capacity evaluation of a work center in SAP PP?
Capacity evaluation can be performed using the work center capacity views or through capacity reports.
39. What is the purpose of the "Transfer Posting" in SAP PP?
Transfer Posting is used to move materials from one stock type to another within the same plant.
40. How do you handle subcontracting in SAP PP?
Subcontracting is managed using subcontracting purchase orders and goods receipt against those orders.
41. What is "Available-to-Promise" (ATP) in SAP PP?
ATP is the quantity of a product that can be promised to customers based on current stock levels and planned production.
42. How can you manage repetitive manufacturing with external procurement in SAP PP?
External procurement for repetitive manufacturing can be handled using the external processing feature.
43. What is "Phantom Assembly" in SAP PP?
Phantom Assembly is a special BOM that is used for temporary assemblies or subassemblies.
44. How do you handle product lifecycle management (PLM) in SAP PP?
Product lifecycle management can be managed through Engineering Change Management (ECM) in SAP PP.
45. What is "Product Costing" in SAP PP?
Product Costing calculates the cost of a product based on materials, labor, and overheads involved in the production process.
46. How do you manage capacity requirements for non-capacitive work centers in SAP PP?
Non-capacitive work centers can be managed using finite scheduling or dispatch lists.
47. What is the difference between PIR and Forecast in SAP PP?
PIR (Planned Independent Requirement) is a specific demand planned for a material, while Forecast is a prediction of future demands based on statistical methods.
48. How do you handle alternative sequences in SAP PP?
Alternative sequences can be managed through different work centers or by using alternative routing.
49. What is the purpose of a "Production Planning Profile" in SAP PP?
A Production Planning Profile defines the planning parameters for a material or a group of materials.
50. How can you monitor the production process in SAP PP?
The production process can be monitored through the production order status, capacity utilization, and various production reports in SAP PP.