This is Oracle Database 12c - Partitioning training course from Uplatz. This course takes a deep dive into the concepts of partitioning in Oracle Database 12c and implementing as well as managing the partitioning of the database. You will learn the benefits of partitioning for different types of workloads. Also, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Cloud Service.
This Oracle Database 12c training teaches you how to manage partitioning using Oracle Database 12c. Expert trainers from Uplatz will demonstrate the benefits of partitioning for different types of workloads and provide you knowledge about the syntax for partitioning maintenance operations.
Key features of the Oracle Database 12c – Partitioning training:
· Apply partitioning strategies to enhance application performance
· Use partitioning techniques to reduce impact of table and index maintenance
· Use partitioning to decrease the time to refresh materialized views
· Partition lob segments, nested tables and object tables
· Understand the Oracle Partitioning methods for tables, index and materialized views available in Oracle Database 12c
· Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Cloud Service
The Oracle Database 12c Partitioning course will introduce you to several new partitioning enhancements, including partition maintenance operations on multiple partitions, heat maps, partial indexes for partitioned tables, interval-reference partitioning and online move partition capabilities. When the new enhancements are added to all the existing methods of partitioning, this large range of choices and capabilities requires that database administrators and data architects understand all partitioning methods and their appropriate uses. Proper use of partitioning can greatly benefit many types of applications including data warehouses, information life cycle management and large databases.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oracle Database 12c - Partitioning
- VLDB Manageability and Performance Constraints
- Manual Partitions Versus Partitioning
- Partitioned Tables and Indexes
- Table Versus Index Partitioning
- Partitioned Indexes
- Partitioning Strategies: Single-Level Partitioning
- Partitioning Strategies: Composite Partitioning
- Oracle Partitioning History
Implementing Partitioned Tables
- Table, Partition, and Segment Relations
- Creating Partitions with Enterprise Manager
- CREATE TABLE Statement with Partitioning
- Logical and Physical Attributes
- Partition Strategy Declaration: Single-Level Partitioning
- Specifying Partition Attributes
- Range Partitioning
- Interval Partitioning
Implementing Partitioned Indexes
- Partitioned Indexes
- Partitioned Index Attributes: Global or Local
- Partitioned Index Attributes: Prefixed or Nonprefixed
- Global Indexes
- Local Prefixed Indexes
- Local Nonprefixed Index
- Index Partitioning and Type Matrix
- Specifying an Index with Table Creation
Maintenance of Partitioned Tables and Indexes
- Maintenance: Overview
- Table and Index Interaction During Partition Maintenance
- Modifying the Logical Properties of Tables and Indexes
- Modifying Partition Properties on the Table
- Using the ALTER TABLE and ALTER INDEX Commands
- Renaming a Partition
- Partition Storage Changes
- Moving a Partition
Partitioning Administration and Usage
- Using Partitioned Tables
- Pruning Rules
- Static and Dynamic Pruning
- Pruning Tips
- Static Partition Pruning and Star Query
- Dynamic Partition Pruning and Star Query
- Collecting Statistics for Partitioned Objects
- ANALYZE and Partitioned Objects
Partitioning and Workload Types
- Partitioning in Data Warehouses
- Using Materialized Views for Summary Management
- Partitioning and Materialized Views
- Maintaining Partitions of a Materialized View
- Partition Change Tracking (PCT) Refresh
- PCT Refresh: Requirements
- When Is PCT Refresh Used?
- Partition Key or Partition Marker?
Oracle Database Cloud Service: Overview
- Database-as-a-Service Architecture Features and Tooling
- Software Editions: Included Database Options and Management Packs
- Accessing the Oracle Database Cloud Service Console & Automated Database Provisioning
- Managing the Compute Node Associated with a Database Deployment
- Managing Network Access to Database as a Service & Scaling a Database Deployment
- Patching Database as a Service & Using the Oracle Database Cloud Service Console to Manage Patches
- Migrating from On-premises to Oracle Cloud Database
- Gather Information for Migration
This course is specifically designed to help you clear the certification exam successfully. The comprehensive content of the course along with demonstration of practical scenarios & examples will make you understand each and every topic in great depth. Since the course structure has a special focus on certification, hence you will go through a lot of real-time case studies and study material during the training that will help you crack the certification exam.
Both self-paced training and online instructor-led training have their own advantages and disadvantages. 1) Suitability - If you have no idea about the course content and have no experience on it, then online instructor-led training will help you understand the course content better and deeply. 2) Flexibility - Self-paced training is generally more flexible than the tutor-led training since you can learn at your own pace through the videos as and when you have time. 3) Doubt-clearing, assignments etc. - You can attempt assignments and get feedback from the tutor in instructor-led training and also can get your doubts cleared during the class. Cost (more for instructor-led training) and other factors are also important.
We have a highly qualified and experienced team of professionals who are experts in their fields. Our trainers are highly supportive and render a friendly learning environment to the students focusing on their career growth.
In normal circumstances the tutor should be able to reschedule the class as per your convenient time but if you accidently miss any particular class in a multi-student batch then you can catch-up from the corresponding session recording that will be shared with all students or you can request the tutor to hold a separate class for you later on the topics covered in that class.
We provide server access for you to practice on and our trainers will ensure that you get practical real-time experience and training with all the utilities required for in-depth understanding of the course.
Yes. We provide lifetime access to Uplatz Learning Hub where you can view or download the course material anytime.
Yes. We have special offer/discount on this course. Please send email to email@example.com asking for the discount and our team will be glad to help you.
Yes. Please check our refunds and cancellation policy (link given in the footer of our website) for more details.
You can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and Uplatz course team will respond back on your queries.