If you have the desire to turn your passion for computers into a career, The IT and Computing Diploma offered by Uplatz is definitely a course you should consider.
While completing the course, students will have access to a variety of support services, including Tutor Support and Webinars, a Social Learning Forum, and additional materials to help in the completion of their Diploma course.Level 4 Curriculum:
- Introduction to Computing: This module will explore the functions of computing systems and the basics of design, configuration and routine maintenance.
- Introduction to Programming: This module examines the basis of OOS and how programming fits into the broader aspects of usage of applications.
- Introduction to Databases: This module will enable understanding of database design and development and enable students to develop and design a database and explore solutions to meet client brief . Learners will learn how to design a database.
- Requirements Engineering: This module is concerned with the analysis of IT and computing needs to develop requirement specifications and develop and test prototypes.
- Systems Analysis and Design: This module provides an understanding of IS concepts and how they relate to organisation needs in respect of business processes and transformation of information.
- E- Commerce Applications: This module explores the role of eCommerce in the modern world and in particular the identification of aims and objectives within a business and the design issues arising from the definition of requirements.
- Human Computer Interaction: This module will develop students understanding of principles and models of Human Computer Interaction and evaluate existing HCI design and principles and use this to help them plan their own prototype multimedia user interface.
- IT and Society: This module examines the impact of technology on society and explores trends and changes created. It will examine management issues and potential conflicts in terms of security and data management.
- Information Systems Project Management: This module explores elements of project management key to successful development and implementation of specific IT projects.
- Management Information Systems: This module focusses on understanding concepts of information systems and how they support business needs in terms of information processing and data processing.
- Innovative Technologies in Computing: This module looks at innovative trends and disruptive advances taking place and examines the new generation of skills and knowledge that will be required to work successfully in the sector.
- Computing Research Methods: This module will explore the knowledge and skills required to undertake research in this field and the qualitative and quantitative approaches required including use of literature and design of research proposals.
- Software Development Methodologies: This module looks at the role of systems engineering in development of software and various models of data, software and processes using modelling approaches.
- Computing Project Planning: Creating and managing projects has changed over the years with the development of sophisticated IT Software, this Module focuses on how being a project manager in the 80’s differs to being a project manager in today’s world.
- Strategic Management Information Systems: This module is concerned with developing an understanding of the strategic role of MIS within the organisation and how it impacts on the broader objectives and strategy of the business.
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues in IT: This module explores current issues in the IT sector and how these may impact on areas of security, confidentiality, privacy and the law.
- Network Design and Management: This module explores the principles of networks and network design and implementation and support of network systems.
- Web Based Development: This module will explore the design, deployment and management of virtualisation and explore its commercial and potential impact.
- Cyber Security: This module will enable an understanding of the importance of digital security to business, to understand industry standards of digital security and be able to recommend improvements in security.
- Advanced Databases: This module focuses on understanding database design and development includes advanced languages to analyse and query database data. Students will research database management and critically test and evaluate databases.
The Assignment unit titles for the level 4 course are: 1. Management Information systems 2. IT and Society 3. Computer Systems and Software 4. Computer Programming 5. Relational Database Systems 6. Software Engineering 7. Systems Analysis and Design 8. E-commerce Applications 9. Human Computer Interactions 10. Information Systems Theory The Assignment unit titles for the level 5 course are: 1. Cyber Security 2. Ethical, Legal and Regulatory Issues and Professional Responsibilities in IT 3. Network Design 4. Web Based Development 5. Database Design And Development 6. Innovative Technologies in Computing 7. Computer Research Methods 8. Managing a Computing Project 9. Software Development Methodologies 10. Strategic Management Information systems
Am I eligible to do this course? To enrol onto the Level 4 course, you must be at least 18 and have a full secondary education. Before enroling on to the Level 5 course, you must complete the Level 4 or equivalent. What support is available during my course? The Social Learning Forum is free to use for all students, and can be accessed from all over the world, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The forum has been developed to encourage creation of self-managed learning groups and to encourage individuals to lead in particular areas of learning. Tutors may interact socially with students to enhance learning through the social forum. Students will be able to share their ideas and solutions, and also any resources they have uncovered that can assist their fellow students. Individuals can request assistance from their peers on specific issues and act as the catalyst for discussions and analysis. It is important that students participate and draw lessons from fellow students around the world to enhance their online learning experience. Each module has its own forum with topics covering many areas. Students will also have the ability to control topics in the general areas through a secure network, with all posts closely monitored by OBS administrators. The Social Learning will also include Open Webinars. These webinars will be in areas of general interest or demand for grouped learning, providing interaction between students and teachers. Additional Study Resources OBS realises sometimes you may need additional support for your online Course. Individual tutoring may be required to fast track your Study, or perhaps you just need some additional support. To further enhance learning, Online Business School gives learners the chance to purchase tutor support in a variety of formats. Tutor support can be purchased in the following forms:
- One to One Coaching through online tutorials. Students can purchase tutorials on a one to one basis through a live webinar or telephone support.
- Live interactive webinars – students can enter a live webinar with other students in a virtual classroom.
- Recorded webcasts – Students can purchase pre-recorded webcasts to enhance their learning.